"The seeing-eye, the beating wing, the bird that laughs at everything.
Misunderstood by everyone, who can not see all things as one".

Sunday, March 8, 2009

I Say My Goodbyes.














I went to sit with the lady, in the garden, one last time. She picked the wax from my head feathers as I tried to explain what I was going to do.
She didn't understand, and I could not explain it to her.
Crows have no word for "goodbye".
But I thanked her, and told her about this new thing called Love, that I had just discovered.
We sat there for a while, being together in that long and memorable moment. The cat wandered up and understood when I told it I was going off on a big adventure.
"I will be sorry to see you go," it said. "We have become good friends."
"Yes, we have," I said. "And we will still be friends. Always."
"Always," said the cat. And wandered away again to lie in the sun.
I flew off to the pond and told the crow in the pond what I had planned. It told me it had the same thing planned, and would come along to keep me company.
"Any time you find a pond," it said, "I will be there too. I will never be any further away than the next pond."
And that was a relief, because I had grown to like the crow in the pond, and I would be glad of company, on my journey.
And with that, I leaped up into the air, beating my wings, climbing up and out of the clearing in the woods, up and up, into the clear blue sky...

No comments:

Post a Comment