"The seeing-eye, the beating wing, the bird that laughs at everything.
Misunderstood by everyone, who can not see all things as one".

Sunday, March 8, 2009

I Discover I Am A Crow.















That is how I came to be A Crow.
Away I flew, upwards, onwards, wondering what the next moment would have in store for me.
Alone at last, while not being alone at all.
The Shaman in the forest, The Crow In The Pond, The Cat, The Lady, The Man, The Deer Mouse, The Forest itself, and everything in it.
All these things were me, and me them.
The forest that enfolded my friends, the island that enfolded the forest, the sea that enfolded the island, the world that enfolded the sea, the sky that enfolded the world...
I knew it went on and on, but I didn't know how far it went.
All I knew was that it was my job to find out: to see it all, and let everything know what I had seen.
The wind sang against my flight feathers, whispering secrets I had never known.
The sun turned my plumage from black into shimmering colours that danced across me as I climbed.
My beak thrust ahead, parting the air as I swam through it.
My tail, long and strong, made tiny adjustments as the sky played with me...
The world grew smaller beneath me, and the blue of the sky grew darker.
Finally, I held my wings out and soared, gazing up into blackest black.
And my eyes, at last, became the colour of all I surveyed.
Infinite darkness, glistening with a billion, billion stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment