"The seeing-eye, the beating wing, the bird that laughs at everything.
Misunderstood by everyone, who can not see all things as one".

Sunday, March 8, 2009

I Grow Into A Big Crow.














One day we all got into the car and drove away. I sat on the dashboard, and the cat jumped around in the back. While the lady and the man sat in the front and the world went by outside.
When we got out, I didn't know where I was, but it was in a forest, and there was a big house with a red roof in the middle of a small clearing.
I flew around to see what it all looked like from the air.
When I landed again, the cat came running up looking very excited:
"This is going to be our new home!" It cried. "Isn't it great?" And went dashing off again to explore.
I poked around, wide-eyed, as I tried to imagine what this meant.
I didn't know you could suddenly move, and have a new home, out in the forest.
But here we all were, and it was true.
I wondered what was out in the forest, but for now, there was just too much to see, around the house, and the garden, and the pond...
I had never seen a pond before, and as I looked into it, I could see another crow, looking up at me. I was a bit startled, at first, but I soon realized that it was a nice crow. It was exactly like me. It did what I did, and moved when I moved.
When I moved away, it did not chase me: it only liked to be at the pond.
That was why, in the coming weeks, I would spend so much time at the pond.
It was the only other crow I had ever seen, and it lived at the pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment